Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was so close

tag
williamd1972
Contributor

I was so close

I went into contract on February 26,  I paid for home inspectionappraisal,  and I was cleared to close on April 27.  Unfortunately, the  seller bought the home though a short sell on February  15, which was fine. The problem is, there are two prior sale dates recorded, Feb. 15 and March 31. The bank wont move until the last appraiser(there were two ) gives them a date. If he gives march 31, the deals out the window. If gives Feb. 15, we can move forward. I called appraiser he said he would change date if management company sent him a written request to change date.   I called management company they told me it was completely up to appraisers discretion.  Basically, Im getting the Runaround. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I was so close

I'm confused - the house was sold just a month ago?  While you were under contract since late February?  Or was is March 31, 2009?

Message 2 of 5
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

First thing you need to figure out is what the deal is with the March 31st sale date.  The title company should be able to shed light on that.  Have you contacted them?  If so, what did they say?  If not, call them and explain that for some reason the appraisal companies think there is a sale date of February 15th and another of March 31st, and ask if they can find out if anything was recorded on March 31st.  If there was, find out what it is, then go back to the appraisal company who is putting the March 31st date and let them know what happened on that date, and then request the change (that is, if the March 31st date was an error of some sort, or if it was another type of instrument other than a deed being recorded).

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 3 of 5
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@williamd1972 wrote:

I went into contract on February 26,  I paid for home inspectionappraisal,  and I was cleared to close on April 27.  Unfortunately, the  seller bought the home though a short sell on February  15, which was fine. The problem is, there are two prior sale dates recorded, Feb. 15 and March 31. The bank wont move until the last appraiser(there were two ) gives them a date. If he gives march 31, the deals out the window. If gives Feb. 15, we can move forward. I called appraiser he said he would change date if management company sent him a written request to change date.   I called management company they told me it was completely up to appraisers discretion.  Basically, Im getting the Runaround. 

Up to the appraiser's discretion? Well....no. The sale dates are the sale dates, and the requirements to list them are the requirements to list them. I would worry about having an appraiser who would delete a sale date upon request. Most appraisers would record the facts. Then, if underwriting wanted to ignore the facts...that's up to them.

If there is a March 31st sale date, you'd better be finding out why. The March 31st date could be something other than a sale, however...a transfer, such as from a private individual to a corp, or something else that wasn't really a sale, for example.

I don't think you're getting the runaround as much as you are running into folks who don't want to risk their licenses by breaking the rules.

Message 4 of 5
ArmyStrong
Frequent Contributor

Wow. Hope it works out in your favor.

TU: 556 12/12/08 ~ EQ: 509 12/12/08 ~ EX: 509 12/12/08
TU: 588 8/7/09 ~ EQ: 529 7/30/09 ~ EX - ?? (509 12/12/08)
TU: 619 9/01/09 ~ EQ: 608 9/01/09 ~ EX - ?? (640 FAKO 9/01/09)
TU: 626 9/30/09 ~ EQ: 624 9/30/09 ~ EX - ?? (640 FAKO 9/01/09)
TU: 659 10/7/09 LO PULL EQ: 624 10/7/09 LO PULL EX: 659 10/7/09 LO PULL
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.