Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would be embarrassed and ashamed

tag
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

Re: I would be embarrassed and ashamed

@tony46231 wrote:

Not sure I would go as far as saying you wouldn't recommend anyone buy a home, based on the experience of one person. Some have wonderful experiences, others have difficult and stressful experiences.  Some have difficult experiences for good reasons and others just because they hooked up with the wrong people.

I had a wonderful realtor that I met through a friend of mine.  My loan officer was recommended by my realtor.  Loan officer and underwriter had a very good working relationship.  Every step of the way, it was done correctly the first time.

You give me hope while I'm out here in the wilds of home searching.  I have an offer in.  My goal is to purchase a new home (that I love) w/in a year from 4/2014.  Hopefully, by 12/2014.

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 12
happy0510
Established Contributor

Re: I would be embarrassed and ashamed

Thank you for posting this!!!

I closed on my home in December 2010 and it was THE WORST EXPERIENCE of my life! Don't get me wrong, my Realtor, broker, everyone was nice, friendly, and supportive.  BUT.....it was hell on wheels! I told myself I never wanted to do it again...EVER! 

They even went as far as to ask for backup paperwork for a $2.50 deposit made for a refund from refinancing our car. 

And now, here I am 3 1/2 years later refinancing the house.  I have prepared myself for the worst (hell) and I am in shock and awe with the ease so far.  I haven't felt frantic once.  I even filled my prescription in advance just in case. 

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.