Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBR Payment Showing Full Amortization

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

IBR Payment Showing Full Amortization

Hi all,

I checked my credit reports and also received a credit reference letter that shows my IBR payment of $143 for each month for 132 months. Have you guys seen this before. I know that I signed up for student loan forgiveness because I am a teacher and it will be forgiven after 10 years. Will a mortgage lender use my $143? There is nothing showing on my amortization schedule that my payments changes or I have to reapply. thanks

2 REPLIES 2
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

Re: IBR Payment Showing Full Amortization

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all,

I checked my credit reports and also received a credit reference letter that shows my IBR payment of $143 for each month for 132 months. Have you guys seen this before. I know that I signed up for student loan forgiveness because I am a teacher and it will be forgiven after 10 years. Will a mortgage lender use my $143? There is nothing showing on my amortization schedule that my payments changes or I have to reapply. thanks

Hi Scorpiobee,

As long as that payment will fully amortize the loan over it's term lenders can use that payment when calculating your debt to income ratios for an FHA or Fannie Mae loan.

VA Mortgage Expert. Mortgage Banker lending in All 50 States.
VA, FHA, USDA. Jumbo, Conventional.
CAIVRS Expert.
Message 2 of 3
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: IBR Payment Showing Full Amortization

agree with above. if it fully amortizes... it is good

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.