Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IF I HAD PREVIOUS CAR LOANS..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

IF I HAD PREVIOUS CAR LOANS..

That were paid off and show off across my credit as "ok" each month of payment, (and even say on my credit report "never late" would I have a better chance of getting a loan and possibly a better APR with them? Those cars were paid off BEFORE my bankruptcy in 1999. My situation is:

576 from EX (haven't paid the extra to find out the others) but it's seeming from seeing others scores there is not THAT much difference between them. (I'll get the other 2 soon)

Bankruptcy from 1999 (I think I found it on my credit report that it's scheduled to come off 2009)

A couple late payments on 2 Capital One cards (was between jobs and only working temp so got behind on them and anyone who's ever gotten behind on them knows it's then IMPOSSIBLE to catch up) Now in a "cosolidation program" that CO agreed to and paying regular on the 2 for a couple months now.

Good paying job that I've been at almost 2 years now.

I'm hesitating to put in the apps with dealerships until I'm really ready to purchase (although I've tried to no avail to get an idea of what I'd be paying, how much I'd have to put down, what APR I'd probably get,etc). But they've gotta run the credit check to tell me anything and I don't want a whole bunch of "inquiries" on my credit report because I've been advised by someone that it doesn't look good. So I want to wait till I narrow it down a bit.

Another question too, I've noticed that my credit report shows a couple inquiries which look like they may be from banks, can I contact them and ask what they ran my credit report for? If I did put in an app (that I don't recall) or gave someone permission to run my credit, I'd like to know the outcome, cause I don't remember them telling me. I notice that it says things like "Permissable purpose. This inquiry is scheduled to continue on record until Apr 2009." (don't know what that means). Thanks for ANY help guys/gals...Tuscani I know you're out there somewhere. Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.