Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRRRL finance rates?

tag
gpeach
Regular Contributor

Re: IRRRL finance rates?

No we are getting nothing at all from them. Just 4.25 with no orgination fee. We have to pay our .5 va fee and the refinance are only around 800-1000 in fees to pay. 

Should we be getting a better rate? 

Wells Fargo quoted us 3.75% no orgination fee. But they require an apprasial and he was not sure if it went down in value. Said going thorough bank lender would likely be better. 

Can I ask BOA for a better rate?

Message 11 of 13
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

You should try

Based on where rates were when you originally asked 4.25% on at least one rate sheet (not all are the same) was paying 2.5% credit which should go towards your closing costs - I have no idea where BofA rates are but if you are not getting any credit at 4.25% that is high.

B

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 12 of 13
gpeach
Regular Contributor

I asked outright and he said our credit score needed to be higher to get a better rate. He said now the mid score of husband was 656 and too low for better rate. Mine are higher. Husband recently got a truck. So new acct and inquiries dropped his score 30 pts. He was almost at 700 last time I checked. 

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.