Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRS Inquiry

tag
Deco0406
Established Member

IRS Inquiry

I recently applied to have my mortgage refinanced with countrywide. We are still in the process and have not closed on it. They have told me thus far everything is fine with the loan. I just received an alert that the IRS has made an inquiry on my credit file. It says "installment inquiry". I do owe the IRS some back taxes and am in the process of working out something with them through my accountant. To make a long story short, is this going to screw up my refinance now? I am not aware of any liens. There is not one on my property. Am I screwed?

Thanks for all your help

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: IRS Inquiry

if it is an fha loan you will have to pay taxes/
Retired Lender
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: IRS Inquiry

You need to find out what the IRS is doing. They are probably in a collection stage and trying to determine your income/assets/debt situation in order to process either a lien or levy. Make sure the accountant you're working with knows what they are doing or you could have a tax lien on your credit. If you do not feel comfortable with the situation with the IRS, you can talk to them directly. Good luck.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.