Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRS Tax Lein On Current Payment Arrangements

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

IRS Tax Lein On Current Payment Arrangements

My wife is the only one applying for a mortage loan through NACA as I am not working currently ( unemployment ).

She does qualify on her own with her income and her credit score is fair. My name also will not be on the Title.

Although, she is the only one applying for the mortgage both our credit and debt were included. To make

it short I have a IRS Tax Lein (which is only under my name before re-married) that shows on my credit

but it has been on a monthly payment arrangment for over 1 year now. It is over $9k

My question is, will we get NACA approval if its on a current payment arrangement ?

Another issue is:

Under my current wifes name she has a Wage Garnishment and we planned on paying that off before we close escrow.

Do we need to pay this off before NACA approves us or is it possible to get approval but just pay it off before

close of escrow ?

What are NACA mortgage policies on these issues as presented above.

I would appreciate anyones response

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: IRS Tax Lein On Current Payment Arrangements

There's a whole thread about NACA here.  Some folks that have been through the process already have been happy to share their experiences.  You might get more responses attaching your question there.  Good luck! 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: IRS Tax Lien On Current Payment Arrangements

r04drunner,you should sign up for a free NACA workshop near you.The workshop will be able to provide you with  the details of the NACA program,home buying or refinancing process.The work shop will also provide information for a participant to become NACA qualified or mortgage -ready.You can go to www.naca.com, click on members and ,select NACA workshop.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.