Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRS Transcripts

tag
stpn2me
Frequent Contributor

IRS Transcripts

Hello everyone,

I am in the process of getting a VA mortgage. I now have conditional approval and have given everything they need to them. One of the items was a transcript from the IRS about our taxes. Normally, this is requested from a third party and the IRS sends it to them. But in my case, because of the OPM databreech, my IRS file was labeled as a possible target of identity theft. Problem is, I didnt know about this and the IRS notifies by snail mail. This wasted alot of time that I could have taken care of this. I called the IRS number, and waited on hold for hours before talking to someone. Turns out, if you tell them you need the documents to close, they can fax them to you and you can then send them on to your mortgage company. They will only send it to you but as long as you know they will send it to you, you are ok.

TU - 673 EQ - 672 EX - 669 as of 13 Nov 2015
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: IRS Transcripts

just happened on one of my files. 3rd attempt to order transcripts failed. borrower got them

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 4
stpn2me
Frequent Contributor

Yep, I'm hoping more lenders learn about this as it can really save time if the lender knows the borrower has to request them after the first rejection from the IRS.

TU - 673 EQ - 672 EX - 669 as of 13 Nov 2015
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Worst case scenario, Fill out 8821 form. That way transcripts can be faced to lender. Also, be at fax machine when being faxed, don't hang up until they come through.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.