Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS THIS A GOOD PLAN?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

IS THIS A GOOD PLAN?

Hey guys/gals!
I want to get a 2007 or 2008 around mid November.  My plan is to put in applications at a couple places (couple banks I've had previous auto loans with), perhaps a lending tree or the like and maybe one or two of those places that say they can get you approved with "bad credit, bankruptcies, slow pay, etc."  I was going to do this around the week of November 5th, somewhere in there, to see if I can get approved anywhere. I'd rather try to find the financing then go to the dealership.  If I can get approved somewhere, I would go do the test drive thing for the 2 cars I'm interested in that weekend, around the 10th. Then I'd use the following week to get all the paperwork done, get info/paperwork to switch over my insurance to the new car, etc and then pick up the car the weekend of the 16th.  

My feeling is this:

1) Couple applications I SHOULD be able to get approved somewhere and I figure doing them all at the same time, with all of this happening within a 2 week period wouldn't put too much of a hit on my CR Smiley Surprised 
2) Getting all the paperwork (like insurance) done before going to the dealership will save time on being there.
3) A week between all of this gives some breathing room in case any problems creep up, they can be dealt with BEFORE I would pick up the car.
4) I wanna wait till Oct-Nov cause I think dealerships will have better prices then cause if I get a 2007, they're gonna be trying to get those off the lot, so might get a better deal.
5) Trying to save up a little more and take care of the couple credit issues I have. Really just 2 Capital One CC's that I'm paying back regular now, but have some past negatives on it.  My bankruptcy that is 8 years old now(can't do anything about that one). Past CC that went to collection but was paid off (trying to get off CR)

Does this sound like a good plan? Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: IS THIS A GOOD PLAN?

February is the slowest month of the year in the car business - if you can wait till then and work on your score.  Also, a dealer may have some great promo rates -  take your CRs with you (and your scores) - sit down withthe finance guy and let him win you over (be a tough sell) but do not let him pull credit unless you want the loan from them.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.