New Contributor
MisseyElliott

If a broker pulls your credit report, does the underwriter/mortgage company have to pull it again.

And how long is the pull good?  The problem I am having is a couple weeks ago my report was pulled by a broker.  I got an alert from scorewatch yesterday that a company put a hit on my credit report stating I wrote out a bad  check last year.  I was in contact with them and my old bank, trying to investigate if I actually wrote out the check.  Then they blindsided me with a mark on my report.  This was after the Broker said he can probably help me.  Will they go back and look at my report and see this? 
Super Contributor
ShanetheMortgageMan

Re: If a broker pulls your credit report, does the underwriter/mortgage company have to

For an existing home the credit report is good up to 120 days, at which point it would need to be repulled again.  For new construction it's good up to 180 days.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}