cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Im lost! USDA Help to apply?

tag
bigstick1973

Im lost! USDA Help to apply?

I would like to apply for a USDA Home Loan. But i dont know where to apply. iv seen lots of sites on the web but they to me just look like Mortgage mills. im looking for someone whos going to work with me not just say lets check your credit and if theres a problem just never call back. Someone that will tell me if there is a problem and what it will take to fix anything that would pop up. Iv spent that last 2 1/2 years fixing my credit and im 3 months or less away from being where i think i need to be. to apply for a Mortgage. i gross around 60-65k i have 1 auto loan 354 per month and a credit card that i pay 25 per month. my current rent is 1195 per month. i have a home that i have been watching for sometime now. the home is listed at 189k. and is in the area for USDA. The reason im looking at the USDA Is the no money down. The reason i say 3 months is i just opend a new checking account 2 weeks ago and i know they will want bank statments. Im located in PA.

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

Re: Im lost! USDA Help to apply?

Welcome to the forum -  based on the numbers you provided you should be good at that price point - It will be close on the debt to income but unless you are in a high tax part of the state your payment should be within the range needed to stay eligible. You are wise to find someone that knows usda - there are a oot of LO's that do not understand or know the program? Not sure why as it isnt that complicated just a slightly different set of guidelines. Your income should fall within the limits for a Guaranteed loan but too high for the direct program. If the property is in an eligible area you should be fine. Most people have a tough time with usda because they either make more than allowed or they arent in an eligible area. 

Let us know if you need any help

Brian

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 2 of 5
bigstick1973

Thanks for the reply. I just need to find some that wee help me get this done with out any bs
Message 3 of 5
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

Bad news

There is always BS involved LOL - just kidding - the whole process is stressful and at times feels like it

A good LO will make that easier to deal with by keeping you informed and in the communication link

If you cant find someone that responds within a reasonable time frame I would move on

I cant see why any email or call goes unreturned more than a few hours at most - worst case the next morning??

Good Luck

Brian

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 4 of 5
allnicksgone
Established Member

Which part of PA are you in?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.