Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impact of High Balance (not Current) on Credit Report

tag
joshall
Contributor

Impact of High Balance (not Current) on Credit Report

I am not sure whether this has been asked before, but what is the impact of the 'High Balance' of credit cards on the credit report?

Say someone with a credit score of 780, current UTIL rate of 10% on one card, 0% of the rest, but has had high balance of $5,900/ 6,000 and $8,900/ 9,000 on two CCs at some points.

Will these numbers raise any red flags to the underwriters?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Vegas247
Established Contributor

Re: Impact of High Balance (not Current) on Credit Report

My 1st home I bought, I was maxed out...the LO just told me to pay them to a zero balance. He saw how much money I had....lol

$600 Barclaycard® Rewards MasterCard® - Average Credit $6500 Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express $30k credit card16k Chase Freedom® - $200 Bonus12k VSiggy
Message 2 of 4
joshall
Contributor

I don't remember Underwriter has ever asked me the High Balance. But they each occupies a line on Credit Report and it is so super obvious on the report! lol

Also, if I were the DU myself, and if my borrower nearly maxed out on the credit line, I would not have liked how my borrower managed their spending.

Message 3 of 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Zero relevance in my estimation; it's possibly used more in CC underwriting (profitability analysis) but even that guess is suspect.

        
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.