cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Escrow - Closing Mid July - New Collection Just Reported + HELP!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

In Escrow - Closing Mid July - New Collection Just Reported + HELP!!!!

I am in escrow now (received preapproval) been in escrow two weeks. Got a notification through Experian that I had a collection. Logged on and it is Enhanced Recovery. I did not receive any type of dunning letter, or I would have just paid the damn thing. It is a $147.00 AT &T bill from a few years ago (probably four). It was previously on my report at AFNI but it went away. I do not know what to do. They are going to pull my credit again before closing. Would it be best to just call  AT&T and ask to pay them directly? I just do not know what to do and I need this collection gone immediately!!!. Please help!! I am set to close in mid July.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Re: In Escrow - Closing Mid July - New Collection Just Reported + HELP!!!!

I wish I had an answer for you.  What is enhanced recovery, if you don't mind me asking?

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Enhanced is a CA.

OP, I'd send a PFD [to the CA...ignore the OC].

Message 3 of 8
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

thanks

Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

We had to pay one for Enhanced Recovery ourselves... I do know that when I contacted them I talked to them about a PFD because this bill was from 08.. Never knew anything about it... Needless to say they told me they will not do PFD but, if we paid it they would report it as Paid in Full at the end of the month...

Message 5 of 8
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

We had to pay one for Enhanced Recovery ourselves... I do know that when I contacted them I talked to them about a PFD because this bill was from 08.. Never knew anything about it... Needless to say they told me they will not do PFD but, if we paid it they would report it as Paid in Full at the end of the month...

Paid in full will not help you in this situation.. it has to be off the credit report from my understanding..

If they refuse the PFD, and they didn't send a dunning notification, I would file a complaint with the FTC and the BBB of the state the business is in, indicating that they violated the FDCPA by proceeding with collection activities without provide a timely dunning notification. I had to do this with LVNV when I was already under contract for my house, and they wound up removing it.

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. I will contact BBB and FTC now.

Message 7 of 8
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

@rckstrscott wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Paid in full will not help you in this situation.. it has to be off the credit report from my understanding..

If they refuse the PFD, and they didn't send a dunning notification, I would file a complaint with the FTC and the BBB of the state the business is in, indicating that they violated the FDCPA by proceeding with collection activities without provide a timely dunning notification. I had to do this with LVNV when I was already under contract for my house, and they wound up removing it.

-scott

Wow.  That's nice to know.  I think there is another poster that needs the above advice.  Thanks for sharing another avenue to closing pitfallsSmiley Wink

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.