In FHA underwriting and freaking out

tag
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: In FHA underwriting and freaking out

No it wasnt for nothing...

You will overcome this...

You have a fair chance with an LOE for approval. Smiley Happy

I have seen worse go through also, so stay positive. I was just letting you be prepared for a plan B?

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a small update….

I was out of my mind with worry this past weekend regarding those darn NSF fee’s on my account statement.  I asked my LO what she thought about them and said that she doesn’t expect there to be much issue because of my LOE that was submitted with the file.  She said that every loan file is different and while the NSFs have been known to cause problems, they typically only aggravate an already borderline file.  We shall see, I suppose.

My file was submitted Friday, March. 8.  Right before then she submitted me to the automated system (DU) and got an approve/eligible.  These people have been extremely diligent with collecting data from me so I’m trusting that they have it all in order and accurate.  Today she told me that there were 5 files ahead of me and that the underwriting decision should be finished by this week, late tomorrow or Friday.  I really hope to learn what will be needed (if anything) before the weekend.  Our closing date is in exactly 1 week and 6 days, so learning by the end of this week gives us roughly 1 ½ weeks to compile additional documentation if necessary.  

I was happy with the status update.  Didn’t expect to learn exactly where I was in the queue.  I think that if they have five files ahead of me and still plan to get back to me in two days that they are either working their butts off or are very very efficient at their jobs.  Hopefully efficiency amounts to good news for me!  I will keep everyone posted!

Message 12 of 15
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just a small update….

I was out of my mind with worry this past weekend regarding those darn NSF fee’s on my account statement.  I asked my LO what she thought about them and said that she doesn’t expect there to be much issue because of my LOE that was submitted with the file.  She said that every loan file is different and while the NSFs have been known to cause problems, they typically only aggravate an already borderline file.  We shall see, I suppose.

My file was submitted Friday, March. 8.  Right before then she submitted me to the automated system (DU) and got an approve/eligible.  These people have been extremely diligent with collecting data from me so I’m trusting that they have it all in order and accurate.  Today she told me that there were 5 files ahead of me and that the underwriting decision should be finished by this week, late tomorrow or Friday.  I really hope to learn what will be needed (if anything) before the weekend.  Our closing date is in exactly 1 week and 6 days, so learning by the end of this week gives us roughly 1 ½ weeks to compile additional documentation if necessary.  

I was happy with the status update.  Didn’t expect to learn exactly where I was in the queue.  I think that if they have five files ahead of me and still plan to get back to me in two days that they are either working their butts off or are very very efficient at their jobs.  Hopefully efficiency amounts to good news for me!  I will keep everyone posted!

You have plenty of time to meet your closing time frame.

Stay positive Smiley Happy

Good Luck
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks JM-AM for the encouragement!  I so needed that Smiley Happy

This just in….

We’re approved!! Yaaay!! My LO said that there are conditions but they are mostly for her to provide, not sure what they all are, but I’ve asked. She asked me for a copy of the sales contract for the home we’re selling in the process, which I’ve furnished. I wonder if and hope it’s just stuff like that. So tell me what, if anything, can destroy this plan at this point? We are praying that all is going well for our buyer on her end…if she doesn’t get her final loan approval then we’re S.O.L. anyway…must sell house to get a new FHA as it’s a current FHA. Closing day is March 26th, 1 week and 5 days away. I am beside myself with relief and even a little worry! OMG OMG OMG OMG.

OMG!!

Message 14 of 15
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Your issue will depend on your buyer for your home. That seems like the only delay you will encounter.

Just call realtor up and ask them if buyer is on schedule to close in time.
Good Luck
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.