Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In NFCU FHA Underwriting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: In NFCU FHA Underwriting

I understand that it's disappointing. Did you have a house under contract that you will now not be able to purchase?
Message 11 of 18
ilzhoefer
Frequent Contributor

No, just getting pre-approval first.

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

At least that's good. IIt'ss disappointing, but it's not a "no, never". It's just a " no, not yet ".
Message 13 of 18
lesse
Frequent Contributor

Sorry to hear that Smiley Sad  i havent yet been officially denied but they were saying that my DTI is high and asking this years profit and loss statement etc.. i already applied for another company that allowed up to 45% dti (my last mortgage co that i closed with) i think i will just use them again ... i think navy is just really difficult with mortgages

START (FICO): 1/28/2013 EQ: 499 EX: 558 TU: 536
Lender Pull:
UPDATED SCORE 10/2015: EX: 763 TU: 709 EQ: 720

GOAL 800 Across the board
Wallet:Credit One $600; NFCU (secured- Changed to unsecured) $7500; NFCU (Unsecured)$500- increase to $12,500 BOA: $1000 Home Depot/Lowes $800 each Childrens Place $350 Sams Club $800
Garden Time Smiley Happy
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was just rejected for an FHA Multi Unit. After reviewing the FHA guidelines and taking it back to the underwriters, the NFCU loan officer told me that it is NFCU's policy that they can't use rental income as a factor when considering the mortgage even though FHA guidelines allow rental income to be included in DTI. That seems ridiculous since I would close with leases in place for $2400 in rental income from already existing tenants and I would stay in the apartment I am currently renting for $1000 a month and the mortgage would only be $1400 a month. Oh well ... onward!

Message 15 of 18
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was just rejected for an FHA Multi Unit. After reviewing the FHA guidelines and taking it back to the underwriters, the NFCU loan officer told me that it is NFCU's policy that they can't use rental income as a factor when considering the mortgage even though FHA guidelines allow rental income to be included in DTI. That seems ridiculous since I would close with leases in place for $2400 in rental income from already existing tenants and I would stay in the apartment I am currently renting for $1000 a month and the mortgage would only be $1400 a month. Oh well ... onward!

Hi Trisharx,

Yeah that's called a lender overlay & unfortunately something you have to be aware of.

Are you living in one of the units now?

VA Mortgage Expert. Mortgage Banker lending in All 50 States.
VA, FHA, USDA. Jumbo, Conventional.
CAIVRS Expert.
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes ... I've been living here for 3 years and the house has a solid rental history. I applied with another credit union that will consider 75% of the rental income. I should know soon!

Message 17 of 18
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes ... I've been living here for 3 years and the house has a solid rental history. I applied with another credit union that will consider 75% of the rental income. I should know soon!

Good luck.

VA Mortgage Expert. Mortgage Banker lending in All 50 States.
VA, FHA, USDA. Jumbo, Conventional.
CAIVRS Expert.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.