cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Underwriting...PLEASE HELP ME MAKE SENSE OF THIS!!!

tag
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

Re: In Underwriting...PLEASE HELP ME MAKE SENSE OF THIS!!!

Do they use the middle score like FHA loans? What is the minimum required?

Message 21 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mike_B03 wrote:

Yes, LO says middle score should be a 620.

Message 22 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tooleman694 wrote:

How are you going to explain to the UW why you cant pay the student loans but now you want a mortgage.

A deferrment is a big no no.

My husband is blind. His disability is what allowed him to get an extension.

Message 23 of 98
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Mike_B03 wrote:

So close!

What other things contribute to his credit score? Any credit cards? What's the utilization? 

Message 24 of 98
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Sounds like a good story, hopefully the UW is cool with it.

Message 25 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mike_B03 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Mike_B03 wrote:

So close!

What other things contribute to his credit score? Any credit cards? What's the utilization? 

DTI is on the higher end.. 44% with mortgage.. Yes CC's all paid on time... None over the limit..

Message 26 of 98
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Mike_B03 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Mike_B03 wrote:

So close!

DTI is on the higher end.. 44% with mortgage.. Yes CC's all paid on time... None over the limit..

I don't mean if they are over the limit, I mean what are the credit limits on all the credit cards and what is the balance on each.

Message 27 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mike_B03 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Mike_B03 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Mike_B03 wrote:

So close!

I don't mean if they are over the limit, I mean what are the credit limits on all the credit cards and what is the balance on each.

Sorry... BestBuy- 1350/1500, Walmart 1200/2600, Torrid 530/810, CapOne 410/500, 650/800, Kay 1400/3200, Exxon 170/400, Paypal 200/700, GE Cap 1100/3000,  OldNavy 0/1400, CareCredit 0/500, HHGregg 0/1050, CreditOne 0/650, BBRZ 0/300, Target 0/300

Message 28 of 98
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

Whoa there! You're utilization is right about 40%! That is not good, you should be less than 30% at a minimum and under 10% really. Do you have any means of paying some of those cards down, especially the ones that are very close to the limit, like Best Buy and Cap One? Just getting the utilization down could give you the point boost you need. I would find out when all the cards report to the credit reporting agencies (usually it's 2-3 days after your statement date) and whatever is coming up soonest, pay those down as much as possible. 

What is your time frame? When are you supposed to close?

Message 29 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mike_B03 wrote:

Whoa there! You're utilization is right about 40%! That is not good, you should be less than 30% at a minimum and under 10% really. Do you have any means of paying some of those cards down, especially the ones that are very close to the limit, like Best Buy and Cap One? Just getting the utilization down could give you the point boost you need. I would find out when all the cards report to the credit reporting agencies (usually it's 2-3 days after your statement date) and whatever is coming up soonest, pay those down as much as possible. 

What is your time frame? When are you supposed to close?

Yeah... We were planning to pay some extra on both CapOne and BB before the statement cuts. We are not sure when closing is because its still at the Lender UW. The LO says to do this anyway. Since there is at least a 4 wk wait for USDA I think we have a little time. I am not even sure where we are in the process exactly..

Message 30 of 98
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.