Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Underwriting and Nervous

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

In Underwriting and Nervous

My file went to underwriting last week, and two days in a row, the LO has asked for a total of four conditions. 3 have been very easy to fill, but the final one has me very nervous.

Back in 2006, I defaulted on a private student loan. Just over a year ago, I started paying on it heavily, and on time. At the time, the loan company tried on numerous occassions to try to get me to sign a confession of judgement. My better sense told me that was an awful idea. Instead, I hired a lawyer and at the time a signed agreement was entered into where if I paid X amount, at Y time of the month, I "likely" would not be sued.  

When my file was pulled, the underwriters and the LO saw my derog, and wanted an explanatory letter for it. I haven't been late a single day since I made the new agreement...does anyone think that seeing this letter will be a deal breaker for my financing? My LO did know about the situation about me starting to pay on this a year ago, but he was probably not aware of the litigious nature of this company (since the agreement, they've tried multiple times  to "trick" me into signing a confession of judgement by offering to waive all my interest on my loan).

I sent the LO my signed agreement with the loan corp...very worried about this one...

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: In Underwriting and Nervous

Mine went to underwriting this morning... LO said it should take 48hrs... I think I'm going completely nuts right now... This is going to be the longest 2 days ever!

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree. It's crazy, but I have some comfort in knowing it will work out. My LO asked for a lot of documents upfront for my pre-approval so there can't be much left.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, that is how I'm kind of feeling too... I rushed and rushed for 3 days getting paperwork back to them... I kind of feel like once we have this pre-approval there isn't much in the way of stopping it because of everything I had to provide upfront... So even though this waiting game stinks.. Hopefully once it all goes thru there won't be much that can stop it.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.