Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In contract with middle score at 640

tag
Nan425
New Contributor

In contract with middle score at 640

Yesterday, we just signed contract for a new construction, purchase price is $340K. I have to provide the pre-approval letter to builder within 25 days. My lender wants to pull my credit again for pre-approval on 12/1, so the new credit score will show utilization below 30% and that AU is removed, resulting in higher score (hopefully). My current credit report has high utilization and i am an AU on 2 credit cards. The AU accounts have high utilization but are the oldest accounts on my credit. If I am removed, then average history would be 2.5 years. I still will have a student loan and 4 other credit cards. Do you think this will make my score drop? If so, how many points?

We are not sure which lender to go with. One lender provided a quote with 3.5% down, FHA, 30 yr fix, $2500 buyer bonus, 4.3% interest rate. The other lender says they can definently match or beat this quote, tomorrow she will let me know. The interest rate is pretty high. If my score goes up will the rate go down? If so, how much?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
CAnNY
Frequent Contributor

Re: In contract with middle score at 640

If the lender will not be pulling your scores again after 12/01 I would pull first to see where I was just in case for whatever reason your scores dropped due to the reduction in utilization. Just a precaution.

Congrats on the new loan!

Starting Score: TU 489 EQ 561 EX unknown (2/24/2013)
Current Score: Lender Pull (11/15/13) EQ 702, TU 679, EX 684
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.