Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In the Home Stretch-Update: CLOSED!!!

tag
kjel
Established Contributor

In the Home Stretch-Update: CLOSED!!!

I'm in the home stretch of buying the home we are currently renting which we have fallen in love with. I think that was the plan and it's cool that I was also the project manager when it was being renovated.

After 2.5 years of serious work, I got my credit cleaned up and improved from low 500s across the board to 680-720. Thanks to a little inheritance from my late uncle I have $25K to put down. The mortgage will be $125K at 4% with a portfolio loan at Capital One that does not have PMI and offers a $6K closing cost grant. I've cleared all my conditions and the processor let me know that the appraisal came in today and the underwriter is currently looking at it.

My fingers are crossed that the rest will go smoothly and I'll close on time or early!

Current Score: TU: 674 | EQ: 722 | EX: 717 | Last Inq. 2/16/15...Locked Up in The Garden
NFCU Cash Rewards $14K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K | Amex Blue Cash Preferred $6K | Cap1 Quicksilver One Visa $9K

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Re: In the Home Stretch

Congratulations!!!
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 2 of 12
kjel
Established Contributor

The appraisal came back this morning and appraised right on target! A couple of nitpick items that the underwriter wants some backup info on and the title commitment should be issued tomorrow. Getting excited now Smiley Happy

Current Score: TU: 674 | EQ: 722 | EX: 717 | Last Inq. 2/16/15...Locked Up in The Garden
NFCU Cash Rewards $14K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K | Amex Blue Cash Preferred $6K | Cap1 Quicksilver One Visa $9K

Message 3 of 12
kjel
Established Contributor

Loan cleared QA today and being passed off to the closer. Aiming to close the afternoon of 1/14. Fingers crossed!

Message 4 of 12
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Let us know how closing went today!!!

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 5 of 12
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

This is so exciting! Even better that you don't also have to worry about moving in after the close.

Message 6 of 12
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@kjel wrote:

Loan cleared QA today and being passed off to the closer. Aiming to close the afternoon of 1/14. Fingers crossed!

Congratulations! Did you close today?

Message 7 of 12
kjel
Established Contributor

At 5pm I officially became a homeowner!

#1 Best Part: I don't have to move and unpack since we already live in the house.

#2 Best Part: Mortgage + Escrow combined is less than half of what our rent was.

Message 8 of 12
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@kjel wrote:

At 5pm I officially became a homeowner!

#1 Best Part: I don't have to move and unpack since we already live in the house.

#2 Best Part: Mortgage + Escrow combined is less than half of what our rent was.

Wow! Impressive results - especially #2 Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 12
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Re: In the Home Stretch-Update: CLOSED!!!

Congratulations!!!
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.