cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In the middle of Underwriting for Mortgage, should I correct address on Credit Report?

tag
Fleuriste
Regular Contributor

In the middle of Underwriting for Mortgage, should I correct address on Credit Report?

All three CRAs are reporting my husband's business address as either a current or former address.  I have never lived there and I have no interest in the property.  I'm worried that if I contact the credit agencies during this process that it will mess things up or show as a dispute.  The lender has asked for a letter of explanation as to why this is showing as a residence.  I know it is because one of our bills gets sent there.  

Has anybody had experience correcting address history?  Can it happen quickly and if so, does it show as a dispute in the meantime?

Starting FICO 8's (7/2016) EQ 715|| TU 743 || EX 762
Current FICO 8's (10/2022) EQ 838|| TU 828|| EX 826
Goal FICO 8's: 780 across the board - Goal met 9/2018;
Next Goal FICO 8's: 800 across the board - Goal met 10/2022
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: In the middle of Underwriting for Mortgage, should I correct address on Credit Report?

When I had some incorrect addresses removed from my reports it did show that I was disputing them but they also took them off very quickly.

I wouldn't chance it if your in UW. If your LO is asking for a LOE than that's probably all you really need to do.

Message 2 of 4
Fleuriste
Regular Contributor

Re: In the middle of Underwriting for Mortgage, should I correct address on Credit Report?

Thanks.  I've decided it is better to not chance it.  I'll fix it as soon as I close on this loan.  Fingers crossed.

Starting FICO 8's (7/2016) EQ 715|| TU 743 || EX 762
Current FICO 8's (10/2022) EQ 838|| TU 828|| EX 826
Goal FICO 8's: 780 across the board - Goal met 9/2018;
Next Goal FICO 8's: 800 across the board - Goal met 10/2022
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck! 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.