cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In your Opinion...What are some good mortgage lenders?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

In your Opinion...What are some good mortgage lenders?

Just trying to decide which mortgage lenders I should consider. I have a list of 20 or so and would like to narrow down to 5. Basically, looking for a lender that processes FHA loans, will work with ok credit, and that has good communication...Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
haapril
Contributor

Re: In your Opinion...What are some good mortgage lenders?

Chase is pretty good. I got pre-qualified for 175k with credit score of 615 and intrest rate of 5.5% fixed for 30 years. I believes that is pretty good.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried a local mortgage broker?  I'm working with one referred by my agent.  Rates are looking good, and his 1% fee will be billed to the seller. 
Message 3 of 8
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

One thing I like about Chase.  If you have extra principal paid onto the loan, they'll let you use that to apply toward a payment.  I've done it.  I find their handling of my loan to be good.  Cust. Service is good.

Learn from MY lesson.  If you're calling a local bank ask their mortgage person HOW LONG they've been with the company.  I used a new girl and she totally BLEW a house for us.  She was a LEMON.  didn't communicate, I had to complain to her boss to get her to return a call.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my fha loan through Century21. They were really easy to work with. With this being the first time I had ever purchased a home on my own there were a lot of things I didn't know or understand and they were always ready to answer my questions or explain things and never made me feel like I was some sort of dummy. They have a fantastic website that I could get on and track every little thing that was going on. No regrets about using them.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am working on a FHA loan with Countrywide currently.  We love our LO.  He is very prompt with answering any questions we have.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the information. Quicken loans by far was the easiest to get pre-approved but there were contigencies attached. I am also working with a local lender and will find out tomorrow what they say. She is really nice and I trust someone more when there is a lot of communication and she is very easy to get ahold of. I am going to look into the other lenders that have been posted Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 8
pattycake
Established Contributor

Also try your local credit unions or NASA CU.  They have decent interest rates and easy paperwork.  I financed through my CU last year and got the best rate available at the time, with a mid-FICO of 670.  Now, their rates seem to be at 4.875%. 

Some realtors won't even show houses right now until you've been preapproved, so take care of that ASAP.   

pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.