New Visitor
baileysne1

Incorrect Account Type Holding up FHA Approval

My Experian report is the only one of the 3 accurately reporting an installment loan obtained to make home repairs on my previous residence. Equifax & TransUnion have the account type listed as 'Mortgage'. This is holding up my FHA approval in underwriting as they are requesting a settlement statement indicating the $28k has been satisfied.

When I contact the lender they assure me they have the account listed as 'Installment'. When I log in to make my monthly payment it reads "Installment".

Why would one reporting agency have it right & the other two be wrong?

I just ran my free reports from all three this morning & am supposed to be closing on my house on 3/25/11.

HELP!

Senior Contributor
mickie08

Re: Incorrect Account Type Holding up FHA Approval

Was it an unsecured signature loan?  Or was it some sort of equity loan. 

New Visitor
baileysne1

Re: Incorrect Account Type Holding up FHA Approval

When my boyfriend & I financed the loan initially it was a 2nd mortgage. I quit claimed off the home's title & he reaffirmed the mortgage to have my name removed. The 1st mortgage removed me but it appears the 2nd never did. The house sold short 8 months later & the residual balance of the 2nd mortgage was converted to an unsecured installment loan apparently in both names however only he signed the settlement agreement. When he logs in to pay the bill now it says installment loan but the credit report still showed mortgage as of 3/1/11 for us both. The 2nd bank updated the loan type somewhere in their system yesterday when I called on it. I pulled my 3 free reports after posting here earlier today & only Experian is correctly reporting. His is the same-only Experian is correct. I'd think his could be updated accurately while I should fight to have it removed completely. Thoughts on this mess?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}