cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrectly reported 2013 lates.......now what?

tag
Katobie129
Valued Member

Incorrectly reported 2013 lates.......now what?

I have been in a multi month battle with Barclays.  When I pulled my credit report in February, I found the acount reported in duplicate with different account numbers, different balances, incorrect payment histories, etc.   One by one, the errors have been corrected....now down to the payment history. 

I have my online statement from Barclays showing multiple late fees over the last year reversed in April and the ontime payment for April, 2013.  Then I have the statements from May, June, July and August also showing on time payments for well over the full amount due.  Right now, May and July of 2013 are reporting 30 days late.  This is AFTER attempts at a rapid rescore, which did get all of the other things fixed.  

The VA underwriter is concerned with the "recent" lates, even though I wrote a LOX and included the statements in it. 

My loan was "approve/eligible" from Desktop Underwriter.

What do I do to get my mortgage approved??  I am losing my mind.....

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
primeonetx

Re: Incorrectly reported 2013 lates.......now what?

Go to a different lender.  This VA underwriter is being unduly harsh.  Many won't be.

Message 2 of 14
Katobie129
Valued Member

This is a different lender.  The FIRST VA underwriter declined the loan because the 3rd party verification of rent and notarized letter from my landlord weren't acceptable because I pay rent in cash. This despite the copy of the lease that shows he prefers payment in cash and in person. The FIRST company had no issues with Barclays.

THIS one has no issues with the verification of rent, but can't wrap her head around Barclays.

How do you know when it's time to say "enough is enough" versus "persistence pays"? 

Thanks.

Message 3 of 14
Sunshine85
Frequent Contributor

@Katobie129 wrote:

This is a different lender.  The FIRST VA underwriter declined the loan because the 3rd party verification of rent and notarized letter from my landlord weren't acceptable because I pay rent in cash. This despite the copy of the lease that shows he prefers payment in cash and in person. The FIRST company had no issues with Barclays.

THIS one has no issues with the verification of rent, but can't wrap her head around Barclays.

How do you know when it's time to say "enough is enough" versus "persistence pays"? 

Thanks.

Have you tried contacting Barclays's  Executive Office? Let them know the lates are bogus and that they're holding up your mortgage. I would also state that you're not afraid to sue them if you ended up losing the house because of their incompetence. I would also file complaints with the BBB and CFPB. 

Don't stop fighting- IMO, this is a battle you can easily win, since you have proof that Barclays is wrong. 

Message 4 of 14
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

did you provide your statements with the LOX?

can you get a letter from barclays about how they were a mistake?

Retired Lender
Message 5 of 14
Katobie129
Valued Member

Yes, I provided statements wth the LOX.  But the only statements I have are what's on the website, which doesn't show the full account number.  The underwriter doesn't think that's enough.

I have been trying to get this account reported correctly for almost 7 months.  I have also contacted the North Carolina State Attorney General's office...took them 5 weeks to answer me, then they sent Barclays a letter requesting thier side of it, which Barclays has not responded to.  But then again, the Attny Gen'l's office hasn't answered my requests for updates, either.

The account was listed twice: once under the account number, once under the internal ID number.  The balances were different.  The payment histories were different, and one of the two credit report entries (which are for the SAME account...I only HAVE one Barclays account) showed a past due balance.  

Now the balance is correct, only one listed, but the internal ID number is missing the last few dgits on the credit report.  Past due balance removed.  But they have neglected to address the payment history in any of these disputes.

I am faxing a letter today to the Customer Correspondence Fax line and also to the Executive office demanding a letter from them by noon Wednesday.

But the whole mortgage process is such BS.  I have provded more documentation to these two mortgage companies than the President has provided to the US.  I had to provide my BIRTH CERTIFICATE to verify the correct spelling of my name.  I had to source a $3 check that was a rebate on a ball point pen. The list just goes on.

What is REALLY baffling to me is how much "opinion" there is with the Underwriters.  The second one is finding issues the first never did.  And the first had no problems with the things the second thinks are deal breakers. 

Ridiculous.

Message 6 of 14
Sunshine85
Frequent Contributor

Your UW is a jacka$$, and your LO should be pushing back big time over ridiculous conditions like sourcing $3 checks. 

FWIW, even if you got Barclays to mail you statements, the full account number wouldn't be shown. Most creditors don't print the full account number on statements as a security measure. The UW should be aware of this. 

File a complaint with the BBB and CFPB against Barclays. I guarantee you will get this cleared up.

Are there any other issues with the file, like previous derogs? It seems like there is something about the file the UW doesn't like, and he/she is just looking for a reason to decline. 

Message 7 of 14
Katobie129
Valued Member

No other issues.  But it's a VA mortgage, and the VA doesn't allow lates within the previous 12 months.  The Barclays account is reporting 30 days late 7 times in 12 months.

In fact, since Barclays is a problem, they are now looking at MUCH older stuff.  i had a 30 day late one ONE account in 2011 when I was out of work for surgery.  They are asking for a doctor's note proving I was out of work.  

DTI is 6%.  

Appraisal is done for full amount with no recommendations for repairs.  I have closing funds sourced and sitting in escrow at the attorney's office.

I have a valid COE.

FICO's (related to Barclays, remember)  633-670-702.     The "what if" scenarios show scores of 746-767-773 if the Barclays stuff is resolved. 

What is the CFPB...is that the Fair Trade Commission?

Here is the letter I JUST now faxxed to Barclays:

***POTENTIAL LEGAL ACTION AGAINST BARCLAYS***

Dear Sir or Ma’m:

Despite more than 7 months of attempts to get the reporting of the above referenced

account correct, there continue to be errors in the way my account is reported to the

credit bureaus. While many of the errors detailed in my multiple disputes since

February have been corrected, the payment history has not been corrected or even

addressed by Barclays. These errors are impacting my ability to get a mortgage, and

have already delayed the mortgage significantly. Further delays or inaccuracies by

Barclays may cause me to lose the house I am trying to purchase.

(1) Please review the May, 2013 statement and correct the reporting history to “current”

for all months that show the late fees that were reversed after an internal

investigation by Barclays. This is November & December 2012, and then Jan-Feb-

March-April 2013.

(2) Please note the payment dates of April 26, 2013...$XX, May 24, 2013...$XXX,

June 26, 2013...$XXX, July 26, 2013....$XXX, August 1, 2013....$XXX and August 24,

2013....$XXX. While there are no late fees assessed in those months, they are still

being reported as late on my credit reports. Due date is the 28th of the month.,

minimum payment is never higher than $XX.

(3) There are discrepancies even between the credit reports: May, 2013 shows as

current on my TransUnion report but as 30 days late on Equifax and Experian.

Please update so that the same CORRECT consistent data is supplied to all of the

credit bureaus.

Cust Service Rep Auprey, Operator ID#***** indicated in my phone conversation

with her at 1:25PM Saturday October 12, 2013 that a letter could be sent to me by fax

within 24-48 hours of my request. Even with the Columbus Day holiday, there is more

than sufficient time for Barclays to supply me a letter that corrects all of their reporting

errors by 12noon EST Wednesday, October 16, 2013 at the very latest. This time

frame will allow my mortgage to remain on track for a possible October 18 closing.

***THE LETTER WILL NEED TO BE SENT VIA FAX TO

ME AT XXX_XXX_XXXX. THIS IS A SECURE FAX THAT

GOES DIRECTLY TO MY EMAIL.****

Failure by Barclays to take immediate corrective action will result in

initiation of legal action by me against Barclays for FCRA violations. This

is not the course of action I want to take, but Barclays errors have already

cost me a higher interest rate on my car loan and may now cause me to

lose a significant amount of money I have tied up in the purchase of this

house. I have full documentation of all of my efforts as well as those of

others, and have already made contact with a North Carolina Consumer

Law Attorney and with the North Carolina State Attorney General’s office.

Please do not push me into this course of action.

Cordially,

ME

cc: Loan Officer #1

Loan Officer #2

Mr. XXX-XXXX, Division of Consumer Protection, NC State Attorney General’s office

If Barclays does not respond as outlined above and by

the time indicated, this will also be sent to:

Equifax

Experian

TransUnion

XXX Law Firm

Fair Trade Commission

Message 8 of 14
Sunshine85
Frequent Contributor

CFPB= Consumer Financial Protection Bureau

It's an entity created after the financial crisis to protect consumers and ensure they are not taken advantage of by banks and financial companies. A link to their site is below; you can file a complaint online. 

http://www.consumerfinance.gov/

I will also send you some additional info via PM. 

It sounds like once the Barclays issue is cleared up, and the UW gets their doctor's note, you should be fine. 

I will keep my fingers crossed for you- let us know how everything turns out. 

Message 9 of 14
Katobie129
Valued Member

Thank you in advance.

I am really just losing heart for the mortgage process as a whole.  I'm floored at how much opinion there is in this. What's a problem for one is no worry for another, and there really seem to be just random requests for totally BS info.

I feel like they just don't want to do the mortgage, period.  Maybe this third time is a charm.  But the inquiries (now up to 12 in 4 months) aren't helping either....what can I do about those since they are ALL Barclays related??

thanks....

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.