Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase to up front FHA PMI?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Increase to up front FHA PMI?

Wells Fargo told me that there has been an increase to the up front FHA PMI payment (I think that's what it's called - was 1%).  Has anyone heard of that (not listed on FHA site as far as I can see).  If so, what is the new percentage?  Did the monthly .50% change too?

Message Edited by SuzieQuzie on 07-12-2008 07:15 PM
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Increase to up front FHA PMI?

was 1.5%

now it is risk based.

what are your scores? i will look up the new guidelines.

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dallas,

WF is using my mid-score (EQ) which at the time they ran the report was 627 - now 636 and it should go up 10-15 points soon after cc statement of 6/19 (so around end of month at the latest).  Thanks.
Message 3 of 6
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

SuzieQuzie wrote:
Hi Dallas,

WF is using my mid-score (EQ) which at the time they ran the report was 627 - now 636 and it should go up 10-15 points soon after cc statement of 6/19 (so around end of month at the latest).  Thanks.

1.75% until you get over 640(unless you put more down.

http://www.dallasloanguy.com/FhaLoans.doc <= here is the Mortgagee Letter. Pay close attention. There are 2 matrixes here.... one for 15yr loans and another for 30yr loans.

Does this make sense?!?!?

THIS IS EFFECTIVE MONDAY!!!!!!

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Dallas!  This is very helpful.  It also raises both my up front costs and monthly PMI.  What a drag.  Another question I have is why Equifax would remove a credit limit from a credit card I paid off so that now my util is higher which means my score is lower.  They did it between 7/3 and today.  I swear they manually manipulate numbers to purposely supress credit scores. 

Message Edited by SuzieQuzie on 07-12-2008 08:24 PM
Message 5 of 6
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

SuzieQuzie wrote:
Thanks Dallas!  This is very helpful.  It also raises both my up front costs and monthly PMI.  What a drag.  Another question I have is why Equifax would remove a credit limit from a credit card I paid off so that now my util is higher which means my score is lower.  They did it between 7/3 and today.  I swear they manually manipulate numbers to purposely supress credit scores. 

Message Edited by SuzieQuzie on 07-12-2008 08:24 PM

maybe the fico warriors will respond.... otherwise, you might start a new post.

Retired Lender
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.