Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insurance credit inquiry

tag
Pineknot69
Regular Contributor

Insurance credit inquiry

Hello friends! I'm happy to report my fiance and I are in the process of building our home. I can't thank you all enough for sharing so many helpful posts.

We are shopping for two types of insurance. Title insurance (lender and ours) and homeowner's insurance.

Question: Are credit inquiries done for insurance going to affect our credit scores? We've been told they are soft pulls but if there's anyone who can reassure us it would help!

Any advice on choosing or avoiding a company?

Any advice for us regarding our search for lenders/our title insurance? Companies? 

Any advice as far as what to look out for during our search is most appreciated. Thanks again!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Insurance credit inquiry

@Pineknot69 wrote:

Hello friends! I'm happy to report my fiance and I are in the process of building our home. I can't thank you all enough for sharing so many helpful posts.

We are shopping for two types of insurance. Title insurance (lender and ours) and homeowner's insurance.

Question: Are credit inquiries done for insurance going to affect our credit scores? We've been told they are soft pulls but if there's anyone who can reassure us it would help!

Any advice on choosing or avoiding a company?

Any advice for us regarding our search for lenders/our title insurance? Companies? 

Any advice as far as what to look out for during our search is most appreciated. Thanks again!!

these are soft inquiries.... dont affect scores

no worries

title insurance should be equal at all places. their fees might vary a smidge

i would use who my realtor likes

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 3
Pineknot69
Regular Contributor

Re: Insurance credit inquiry

Thanks!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.