Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interviewing a Realtor

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interviewing a Realtor

Does anyone have any suggestions on questions to ask when interviewing a realtor. I have three referrals and I want to start interviewing to pick one soon....how should I narrow them down? Would it be fair to have them each show mehomes during the interview to see how well we work together?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Interviewing a Realtor

In our case, we needed a buyer's agent (not sure if you need a BA or a listing agent). We narrowed our choices down to 3 (like you have) and narrowed it down to two after we just BSed on the phone for a few minutes. The one was just ... pushy. While that might have been great (thinking they'd be a great negotiator), in the end, not only could we *not* stand her, but we figured she'd put off others involved in the transaction, too (yes, she was *that* pushy and obnoxious).

Once we'd narrowed it down to two, we met both for an impromptu lunch (split tabs) and BSed in person. The BA we went with just struck as someone who was very forthright, honest, charming and intelligent. He was the one we went with. Didn't hurt that on his "off time" he was a preacher! Smiley Wink

He's become a really good friend since then and we've attended a few of his "guest" services at our local church ... he was *invaluable* when it came time to set up utilities, even down to recommending who to use for garbage pick-up, Wind Mitigation Inspection, and much more.

Best of luck to you! Though I don't think you'll need it. Just go with what FEELS right!! Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Interviewing a Realtor

Thank you!

I am looking for a buyer's agent...what about looking at homes with them?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.