Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invest in Real Estate or Stocks???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Invest in Real Estate or Stocks???

I have some amount of earnings apart from the ones that I save for my necessities. I want the earnings invested in some real estate or may be in stocks. I do have some knowledge on stocks but, earlier my cousin had invested in the stocks and had a set-back. I know that you need to be updated in that but – What is a better option from the two???
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Invest in Real Estate or Stocks???

long range or short range?

Are you already maxing your 401K/IRA ?

IMO- this is not a great time to get into investing (for the short term)
I am doing all of my short term stuff in Options.

Pamello wrote:
I have some amount of earnings apart from the ones that I save for my necessities. I want the earnings invested in some real estate or may be in stocks. I do have some knowledge on stocks but, earlier my cousin had invested in the stocks and had a set-back. I know that you need to be updated in that but – What is a better option from the two???

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well in my suggestion you have to invest in real estate because in now a days the value of property is going on increasing. And we also have many other options to get good profit from it. And on the other hand now a days stock market suddenly goes down upto a great extend. So, there is slit risk in that. I had invested my money with a real estate investor and was happy to hear that the investment was going the right way. There are good results in real estate and I believe that you should be investing in the same area. Edited

Message 3 of 4
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

Real Estate has always been a solid long term option
I personally own 7 rental units which is just enough for me to manage on my own.
They should all be close to paid off when I retire and at that point i will cash flow (in todays dollars) $70k a year off of that income.
Currently I see money every month from it as well
I save that for times when I need items like carpet or have a vacancy
If you buy right and get a positive cash flow from day one you should be fine
I bought before the last big boom and luckily caught quite a bit if the upward movement
It came down but I wouldnt have sold anyways

Stocks I dont understand and see it more like gambling. I know RE and went that route

Good Luck either way
Brian
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.