Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Investor flip properties and Buyer's agent

tag
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Investor flip properties and Buyer's agent

Hi everyone.  

I am learning so much on this form.  I was wondering if anyone else had a similar experience?  

I recently made an offer on an investor flip property and lost out on that beautiful home after being cross qualified with their company.  Not because my offer stunk, but because I was working with another lender and they wanted the offers to be through their realtor.

They didn't come out and say it, but they were still showing the property if you used their realtor.  They told all the other agents that called to show that they had an excepted offer.  They also gave my agent the run around, etc.

THAT JUST STINKS! Smiley Mad

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Investor flip properties and Buyer's agent

This sounds like it could be illegal, similar to housing discrimination on the basis of race, religion etc...

Have you notified the local housing division?  This doesn't seem right, at the very least there is an antitrust violation lurking in there.

From Wiki:

The United States antitrust law is a body of laws that prohibits anti-competitive behavior (monoply) and unfair business practices. Antitrust laws are intended to encourage competition in the marketplace.[1] These competition laws make illegal certain practices deemed to hurt businesses or consumers or both, or generally to violate standards of ethical behavior. Government agencies known as competition regulators, along with private litigants, apply the antitrust and consumer protection laws in hopes of preventing market failure. The term antitrust was originally formulated to combat "corporate trusts," which were big businesses.

Hi webhopper,

I removed the links in your post because they were all broken.

MarineVietVet, myFICO moderator

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 3
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Re: Investor flip properties and Buyer's agent

Thanks

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.