cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is 2 yrs good enough to rebuild credit for VA Home loan?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is 2 yrs good enough to rebuild credit for VA Home loan?

I only have one negaive that will fall of in April and 2 fraud accounts that are being investigated so no worries there definitely not mine, I just recently tried to apply for a few credit cards and got denied leving me with 6 inquires other than that I will have no credit

I"m trying to rebuild so in the next 2 yrs I can purchase a condo and lease a new vehicle I'll  be using my VA loan is 2 yrs good enough to establish some credit? I am only an authorize user on my ex credit card but we will be seperating so that will be cancelled.

will that hurt me since thats the only card I have reporting...I just applied for 2 secure cards one through my bank USAA and Discover. I was hoping to purchase this yr but I have no credit yet, I'm a pay in cash kinda girl always have been any advice will help. especially if you used a VA loan 

1 REPLY 1
2b2rich
Established Contributor

Re: Is 2 yrs good enough to rebuild credit for VA Home loan?

I'm pretty sure that a lot of lenders who see fraud investigations on credit reports get a little spooked by them.  You may have more options available once those have been removed.

I do think that a secured card is a good way to start rebuilding when you have no positive tradelines to stand on.    For what ever it's worth, My AAOA was less than 12 months when I applied for my first mortgage.  I closed on it about 5 weeks later.  I had no negatives, though, but I did have an auto loan and several credit/charge cards.

Chapter 7 Discharged & Closed Jan 2020
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.