Established Member

Is MyFico Score accurate for mortgage?

I'm preparing for a home purchase within 6 mos.  My lender keeps saying don't take the consumer sites as gospel..meaning it's a  false sense of a credit score.

Was your myfico score one one the three when your lender pulled your scores for a mortgage approval?

Regular Contributor

Re: Is MyFico Score accurate for mortgage?

Yes, my EQ score was an exact match between MyFICO and the two lenders who did a credit check. TU was two points different. MyFICO shows true FICO scores while most other credit score sites show other proprietary scores that lenders don't use.

FEB 2014 EQ: 798 EX: 780 TU: 798
Moderator Emeritus

Ditto to the above. There are a limited number of places you can get your FICO with myFICO obviously being one. There are dozens and dozens of sites out there that offer scores, but they aren't FICO scores and your lender is probably trying to steer you away from those other sites. 

My EQ FICO also matched and the same EQ FICO version is used by most all mortgage lenders. The TU FICO on here is an older version and isn't commonly used by lenders, though some still use it. They'll typically use a newer version of TU FICO. My lender's TU FICO was 10 pts lower than my TU FICO on myFICO. DW's was 30 pts higher than the TU FICO on here.

Regular Contributor

My EQ matched too.

your lender is partially right about not taking the consumer sites as gospel, but they are referring to FAKO scores.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.