Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is MyFico Score accurate for mortgage?

tag
Sup3Rmari0
Established Member

Is MyFico Score accurate for mortgage?

I'm preparing for a home purchase within 6 mos.  My lender keeps saying don't take the consumer sites as gospel..meaning it's a  false sense of a credit score.

Was your myfico score one one the three when your lender pulled your scores for a mortgage approval?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
nois
Regular Contributor

Re: Is MyFico Score accurate for mortgage?

Yes, my EQ score was an exact match between MyFICO and the two lenders who did a credit check. TU was two points different. MyFICO shows true FICO scores while most other credit score sites show other proprietary scores that lenders don't use.

FEB 2014 EQ: 798 EX: 780 TU: 798
Message 2 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Ditto to the above. There are a limited number of places you can get your FICO with myFICO obviously being one. There are dozens and dozens of sites out there that offer scores, but they aren't FICO scores and your lender is probably trying to steer you away from those other sites. 

My EQ FICO also matched and the same EQ FICO version is used by most all mortgage lenders. The TU FICO on here is an older version and isn't commonly used by lenders, though some still use it. They'll typically use a newer version of TU FICO. My lender's TU FICO was 10 pts lower than my TU FICO on myFICO. DW's was 30 pts higher than the TU FICO on here.

Message 3 of 4
Cloudlb
Regular Contributor

My EQ matched too.

your lender is partially right about not taking the consumer sites as gospel, but they are referring to FAKO scores.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.