cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Navy Federal Credit Union More Likely to do Manual Underwriting??

tag
Legal_Girl
Frequent Contributor

Is Navy Federal Credit Union More Likely to do Manual Underwriting??

Just wondered if NFCU will automatically do Manual Underwriting or is it just dependent.  Would love to hear from those with experience with Mortgage with NFCU.  Oh, and mine is a VA loan.  Thanks everyone.

Homeowner Again as of July 17, 2014. Thanks to the VA and NFCU. FICOs EQ - 786/EX - 782/TU - 778/Quicksilver $3,500 / Cred 1 $2,875 / 1st Natl $4,250/ Kohls Visa $5k / Mercury MC $5,850 / NFCU Visa Sig Cash Rew $27k/ Lowes $25k / Best Buy Visa $11k/ NFCU LOC $15k / Walmart MC $7.5k / Chase Freedom Unlimited $1,500 / Discover IT $27,000 / Discover IT Chrome $21,500 / Citi DC $7,300 / AMEX Blue Cash Preferred $17,500 / Citi Simplicity $18,500 / Citi Premier $8,200 / Care Credit $10k/ AMEX Gold - NSL / Chase Sapphire Preferred $20,500
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Is Navy Federal Credit Union More Likely to do Manual Underwriting??

I don't think they'll automatically do manual underwriting.  Most lenders prefer to use automated underwriting since it makes the review process easier.  The better question would be, does NavyFCU do manual underwriting at all?  They are pretty conservative.  Your scores indicate that you'd have a good chance of getting approved through automated underwriting.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 3
Legal_Girl
Frequent Contributor

Re: Is Navy Federal Credit Union More Likely to do Manual Underwriting??

*****ShanetheMortgageMan ... Thank you.  So far pretty painless. NFCU received contract Monday and I locked into 4% on Tuesday. Appraisal has been ordered, today I faxed back disclosure docs and only had to provide 1 paystub as far as docs I personally have to provide.  My income is very good, my dti, both front and back end are low, credit scores good, and no unpaid collections or other derogs.  It is with a processor now, so hopefully the VA appraisal wiill go well and the inspection.  House build in 2005, so hopefully, no surprises.  Again, thank you, you are a big help to many people on these forums..I appreciate it. 

Homeowner Again as of July 17, 2014. Thanks to the VA and NFCU. FICOs EQ - 786/EX - 782/TU - 778/Quicksilver $3,500 / Cred 1 $2,875 / 1st Natl $4,250/ Kohls Visa $5k / Mercury MC $5,850 / NFCU Visa Sig Cash Rew $27k/ Lowes $25k / Best Buy Visa $11k/ NFCU LOC $15k / Walmart MC $7.5k / Chase Freedom Unlimited $1,500 / Discover IT $27,000 / Discover IT Chrome $21,500 / Citi DC $7,300 / AMEX Blue Cash Preferred $17,500 / Citi Simplicity $18,500 / Citi Premier $8,200 / Care Credit $10k/ AMEX Gold - NSL / Chase Sapphire Preferred $20,500
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.