Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Wells yanking my chain?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is Wells yanking my chain?

I short sold 2 years ago and have been looking recently. The first two brokers I talked to told me 5 years minimum wait time on a jumbo. Wells told me 2 years wait, no problem with a letter and 25-30% down.

Edit: I'm looking in California at $800-$1M with $200k-$300k down.

Can Wells really make this happen?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Lemmus
Established Contributor

Re: Is Wells yanking my chain?

@Anonymous wrote:

I short sold 2 years ago and have been looking recently. The first two brokers I talked to told me 5 years minimum wait time on a jumbo. Wells told me 2 years wait, no problem with a letter and 25-30% down.

I'm looking in California at $800-$1M with $2k-$3k down.

...something wrong with those numbers, eh Smiley Frustrated

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Last HP: 11/04/15 | myFico 3B Jun 10 '15:FICO8 EQ - 752 | TU - 763 | EX - 750
Message 2 of 15
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

$800k @ 25% is a down payment of $200,000.  Is that what you meant? You have $200k to $300k to put down?

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

StartingOver looked surprised and asked-

"You have $200k to $300k to put down???"

LMAO.

Message 4 of 15
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

StartingOver looked surprised and asked-

"You have $200k to $300k to put down???"

LMAO.

Smiley Very Happylol, I was surprised about the $2k to $3k and a jumbo loan!

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL... it was late. Edited to correct my original post. I have $200 - $300k down.

Message 6 of 15
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Edit: I'm looking in California at $800-$1M with $200k-$300k down.

I'd say yes, because I talk to a rep from a local credit union here in Northeast Florida and they are doing portfolio loans 1 year post short sale with a 20% down payment. Wells Fargo certainly have the ability to write portfolio loans.

Message 7 of 15
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Check JP Morgan Chase too - they have a good jumbo program. I trust them more than Wells for actually closing the deal. The critical part is your down payment - after a short sale you have to have an absolute minimum of 20% down to get it done 2 yrs from the deed transfer to the buyer in a short sale.

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

My credit has been shot since the short-sale... How much do the scores impact this calculus? My Wells agent was telling me he could get 3.875 but he seemed to be hedging when I asked where my score needed to be for underwriting. 

Message 9 of 15
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

My credit has been shot since the short-sale... How much do the scores impact this calculus? My Wells agent was telling me he could get 3.875 but he seemed to be hedging when I asked where my score needed to be for underwriting. 

Are you referencing your score only or have you had late pays and other derogs on your CR since the short sale. It makes a difference.
Your score takes a huge hit due to the SS. But if you have no other derogs, then you can explain it (LOE to the u/w) and you won't have an issue. Additonal down payment cures most derogs. However, if there is a pattern of other lates after the SS, that is an issue from what I have seen.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.