Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is a mortgage possible?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is a mortgage possible?

We are coming up on our 3 year anniversary of our foreclosure and are hoping to purchase a home in the next few months.  We have reestablished credit and have FICO scores in the 660-680 range.   My husband has 2 collections on his credit from 3 years ago that he needs to get settled, but aside from that our credit is clean.  We both have 4 credit cards and have refinanced one vehicle (Ally) and purchased another in my name (Wells Fargo).  We are self employed with the business being established in 2009.  It shows increasing income and for 2012 we should have a gross of about $115K all reported on tax returns.   We will have 3.5% down and hope to purchase in the $250-275K range.  Is this a favorable scenario?  Also, how much in reserves will we need to get approved?  I understand the more the better, but what is the minimum the banks look for?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
asp123
Valued Member

Re: Is a mortgage possible?

Once you finish the clean up I would say yes...absolutely!

Go ahead and ask around for a good mortgage broker who can start putting some numbers together for you and advise you about your self employment income as well as your current DTI ratio, etc. 

Starting Score: 9/2012 - 609
Current Score: 11/9/2012 TU 620 11/9/2012 EQ 591
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 3
tunseeker1
Regular Contributor

Are you 3 years post forclosure of post transfer?

Are you 3 years post forclosure of post transfer?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.