cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it normal for a loan officer to do this......

tag
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: Is it normal for a loan officer to do this......

Where in Texas do you live? We are in DFW.

Message 21 of 43
luckyashes04
New Contributor

We live in Katy, just outside of Houston.

Message 22 of 43
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

I am sorry. I thought violetsmom was the OP. I've heard you can get a lot more house for the money though in Texas. Texas is beautiful too. :-)
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 23 of 43
luckyashes04
New Contributor

I watch " House Hunters" and for the same size house in most other states you will be paying double to triple the price you pay in Texas, especially Houston.  For the fact I really like it here, but its EXTREMELY hot in the summer..

Message 24 of 43
violetsmom
Regular Contributor

I am the poster who is also in beautiful Colorado Smiley Happy

::waves:: haha
Message 25 of 43
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Even with the prices here in Texas climbing out of control you can still get a lot of house for the money and land too if you want to be far away from people.

In 2004 when we bought our first home, it cost us 215k for a 3,000 SQFT home on a corner lot. Now in 2013 a bit more north, 300k gets you about the same house.

Message 26 of 43
luckyashes04
New Contributor

Who is your home builder?

Message 27 of 43
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

MF waves to violet. Hi! :-)
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 28 of 43
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

First home was Pulte, now we are using Highland.

Message 29 of 43
jkwheaton78
Regular Contributor

I wanted to post an update to this, because I took the advice of what Tooleman said and I indirectly complained about the communication with my loan officer and I have already gotten 3 phone calls this morning apologizing for the lack of communication by my realtor, the sales girl at the office and my loan officer's boss.  I explained I was by no means trying to stir the pot but I've been getting conflicting information from my loan processor compared to what my loan officer told me at the beginning of this process and now I get nothing from my loan officer.  No emails, no calls, no responses to my questions and they were not happy.  They all said this is NOT the way this process is supposed to go and they do not want me to think this is the way that they do business.  

So please do not hesitate to escalate your concerns! 

Starting Score: 553
Current Score: 710
Goal Score: 659

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

8/18/2012 Lender Pull:
EX:659
EQ: 553
TU: 520
Goal: 659
Message 30 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.