cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it normal for a loan officer to do this......

tag
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Re: Is it normal for a loan officer to do this......

Good for you! They are right. That is definitely not the way the process is supposed to go.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 31 of 43
luckyashes04
New Contributor

We met with our sales person at the home builder this morning, and she is going out of the country for 3 weeks, but gave me her boss's email address as well as the vice president of the home builders and any time I email the LO from now on to copy them on the email, that way I will be sure to get a responce. I wish it did not have to be like this, but the sales lady did say this LO  sometimes gets so cought up in her work that if shes not working on your file then she doesnt think about your concerns. Hopefully everything will work out.

Message 32 of 43
Hopefull123
Valued Member

I might be in a similar situation. My husband an I are pre-approved for a new build in the Houston area. Purchase contract, disclosure etc signed and GFE received earlier this month. Construction is supposed to start this week. The last communication we had with the LO was notifying us our file is now with the loan processor. That was 2 weeks ago and we haven't heard anything from the LO or processor since. Is this normal since we are still in the early stages? We are first time home buyers so this is a new experience for us. How often should we contact them for updates? I worry we are being put on the back burner but not sure if this is normal since construction hasn't started yet (but is supposed starting this week). 

Any advise is much appreciated. Thank you in advance. 

Message 33 of 43
jkwheaton78
Regular Contributor

It took about 2 weeks for me to hear something but don't be afraid to ask for an update.

Starting Score: 553
Current Score: 710
Goal Score: 659

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

8/18/2012 Lender Pull:
EX:659
EQ: 553
TU: 520
Goal: 659
Message 34 of 43
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

I think new constructions that aren't fully built, take longer. We closed on a fully built new construction inventory home within a month. The longest period of quiet was about 4 days and usually straddled the weekend. But just because you are in the early construction process, does not mean that your LO should be unresponsive when YOU call. Every time things got quiet, after 4 days I would call for status. Most of the time my LO picked up the phone on first attempt. If not, we would receive a call back within less than 24 hours. My realtor was calling him for status as well. My LO was bad with email. It always went into a black box and when I would call after not hearing from him for 3 days, he would apologize and say that he is usually good with email. After hearing that line a couple of times, I stopped using email for status and just started picking up the phone...he was always responsive that way. I still used email to satisfy conditions and to send other paperwork in via the electronic system but I always followed up with a phone call. My very first not-in-person communication after I met him in person for desktop underwriting was not returned. My realtor called me (my realtor was soooo responsive and always called me or emailed me once a day on the weekdays) and asked if I heard anything. I told him no and that I should have by now. My realtor called my LO and sent me an email saying that he had done so and found out he was out of the office sick. My LO called me shortly after that apologizing and explaining that he had been sick. My realtor got sick once during the process as well and he called me telling me how sick he was and apologized. I did not have to be pushy at all! These guys were just super responsive. So don't settle for unresponsiveness. Most LOs are on a salary and don't feel the pressure of needing to make a sale so they just focus most on whose next in line (tunnel vision). But don't put up with that as every customer is equally important when it comes down to the bottom line.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 35 of 43
luckyashes04
New Contributor

Hopeful123...can I ask who is your builder? I wonder if we have the same LO because I am pretty upset with mine as well.
Message 36 of 43
Hopefull123
Valued Member

Castlerock and Texas Capital Lending. Yours the same?
We still haven't had our meeting with the contractor yet.

Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences and advice.
Message 37 of 43
luckyashes04
New Contributor

No we are in Katy and our lender is mth lending. When will they start construction on your house? We had our meetng yesterday and they will lay the concrete next week. They told us that construction will start one month from the day we signed the contract. Although ours started 3 weeks from when we signed the contract. Our sales lady gave us her boss's email and told us to copy her on any email we send the lender, that way the lender feels obligated to respond.
Message 38 of 43
Hopefull123
Valued Member

Today makes a month since we signed the contract and was told it be a month till construction started too. Construction was supposed to start this past Monday but our sales lady said its delayed because they are still waiting on a couple of permits. She said to call her Friday to check on the status. Maybe they'll schedule the meeting once all permits are in? Not sure but pretty disappointing. Seems like nothing is moving along but maybe I'm just being impatient. .
Message 39 of 43
luckyashes04
New Contributor

Oh man, I'm so sorry. I am very impatient too and I thought 3 weeks was too long. I would keep on top of them. Did she say how long the house would take until complete?
Message 40 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.