cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it normal for a loan officer to do this......

tag
luckyashes04
New Contributor

Is it normal for a loan officer to do this......

We are getting very frustrated with our LO at this point.....she doesnt return any calls, or emails. I was communicating with her assistant and now her assistant is becoming rude with me. I have explained to both of them that this is my first home purchase and I will have lost of questions. They both laughed and said they understand. I would walk away from them, but we are building a home and the builder owns this lender and they give extra insintives if we use them. The only time my LO called me back was when I emailed the sales lady at the builder and told her how upset I was.

I am just curious...is this normal for the LO to not keep you in the loop and answer calls?

Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Is it normal for a loan officer to do this......

google this "Helping Hand In Builder Disputes By Kenneth R. Harney"

do you have a realtor? that realtor should be on the builders butt like a crazy person.

you shouldn'[t have to deal with poor customer service to get an overpriced incentive

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 43
luckyashes04
New Contributor

No we dont have a realtor.  We just went to talk to the sales lady at the builder.  She is the only one at this point that is helping us. I guess the LO sees it as she did what she needed to and now it is sent to the processor and then to the UW so she doesnt want to deal with it. I donno what to think now.

Message 3 of 43
luckyashes04
New Contributor

Thank you for the article....thank goodness we are not having to deal with anything like that (yet), just with the LO not returning our calls.  I will keep that # handy just incase they try to pull anything on us. Thank you again!!

Message 4 of 43
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

The sales lady is technically the realtor for the builder.

Its a win win for them to try and keep everything in house.

While I try not to voice to much of my opinion when clients are buying through a builder I do try to hint to them they need a buyers realtor to represent them.

Good luck hope you get a little more customer service.
Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 5 of 43
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

tell the sales person about your problems and let that salesperson know that you WILL BE WRITING a letter to the builder.....

Retired Lender
Message 6 of 43
luckyashes04
New Contributor

Thank you, I will do that. My only fear is that the LO will get upset with me about going above her because she hasnt helped me, and she will intentionally not help me with getting the loan, and just get so annoyed that she will say "screw you" and not help me.

Message 7 of 43
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

@luckyashes04 wrote:

Thank you, I will do that. My only fear is that the LO will get upset with me about going above her because she hasnt helped me, and she will intentionally not help me with getting the loan, and just get so annoyed that she will say "screw you" and not help me.

While they may get upset and annoyed.... They are getting paid and it is their job....

You mentioned the builder owns the Lender? Are you sure about this? Or is it just their preferred Lender who they offer their perks through?

I agree with Dallas, to contact and let them know you will be contacting the builder. I am more thinking its the preferred Lender for the Builder, and I do not expect he wants to lose business for lousy customer service.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 8 of 43
luckyashes04
New Contributor

When I met with the LO a few weeks ago, she said that they are partly owned by the builder. We have our pre build meeting tomorrow morning with the builder and sales agent, I will talk with her then and vent.

Message 9 of 43
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Just stay on them hardcore. Just keep applying pressure and if it goes nowhere then you complain to the home builder. Trust me, that will fix it.

Message 10 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.