Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it normal to be this NERVOUS?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it normal to be this NERVOUS?

Our offer was accepted on a house my husband and I love! We are now in the stages of negotiating some repairs.

I was transparent with my loan officer about our credit file (charged off Private student loans and Private student loans in collections).  He ran us through the automated FHA approval system and that's how we received our pre approval.

I'm so nervous for the underwriting part and scared the loan will fall through.  How often does this happen to people? 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is it normal to be this NERVOUS?

I should add..

Middle mortgage score is 650

DTI is within FHA limits

CC Utilization about 30%

Message 2 of 15
iv
Valued Contributor

Being nervous is perfectly normal. It's OK!

But it sounds like you're on top of things - you've discussed possible issues with your LO, you know the FHA rules, you know your DTI, you know your scores... and you've passed automated approval!

Sure, things can come up (and they will - expect requests for addition info and documents during the process, that's common), but it sounds like you and your LO are on the right track. You'll likely be just fine.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes!

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same boat as you. Middle score is 619. Offer accepted on the 12th and now waiting for appraisal and UW to clear so we can get a closing date. So nervous that it's going to fall through due to something in my finances or credit. LO says we'll be fine but I'm still worried. 

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you everyone! I'm glad I'm not the only person who is this stressed! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 15
seruby
Frequent Contributor

Apparently, a lot of people get nervous or worried during the process.   Lots of my coworkers were telling me they were stressing during the process up until they actually closed.   Maybe I should be worried that I'm not nervous, stressed, or excited.

Message 6 of 15
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

i have seen similar profiles fly right thru underwriting. 

Retired Lender
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much, I'm going to stop reading every worst case scenario! Smiley Happy 

@DallasLoanGuy wrote:

i have seen similar profiles fly right thru underwriting. 

Message 8 of 15
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

remember. we dont hear all of the easy deals here..... we just hear the war stories

if your loan officer is half way decent, you will be fine

Retired Lender
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DallasLoanGuy wrote:

remember. we dont hear all of the easy deals here..... we just hear the war stories

if your loan officer is half way decent, you will be fine

Thank you! 

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.