cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it normal to wait this long for your keys?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is it normal to wait this long for your keys?

If the loan has funded already, if you paid your down payment already, and all of these figures for closing were based on a date from a few days ago, then you are ALREADY paying/paid for a house you can't get into and they have already pushed the closing back.
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

The way it went for me..........

The last piece was the Hud-1 after they finally figured out the actual insurance and taxes....

I received the Hud-1 the night before closing (which was 1pm the next day) 

The sellers came in one hour before me, signed all papers Including Hud and then I came in and signed my half, loan funded at the table and the keys and garage doors were handed to me in a baggy that the sellers brought with them at their closing.

Their agent sat in on the signing and personally handed me the keys. 

I have only bought one house, but this sounds ridiculous and someone needs to give up the keys !!!!!!

Good Luck!  Your bank needs to demand keys and you might have to be there in person to make them do it. 

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd be sorely tempted to issue an "if I don't have the keys in my hands by X time, I'm pulling out of the deal" ultimatum -- but only if I'm REALLY ready to follow through. Somebody's incompetent here: the loan officer, the title company, somebody! They've got your money, and you own a house! You are legally entitled to access to it!

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.