Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible?????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible?????

My Fico Scores are Equifax 646 Transunion 766 Experian 746

Under Equifax is showing I have about 5k in collections from a surgery I had a couple years ago that I had gotten financial aid to cover and working to get those removed. Also a paid off tax lien is showing up still (I have proof it has been paid and put a dispute in weeks ago)

Other than that my equifax is what is the lowest, and my wife and I are trying to get pre-approved for a home (Her credit is phenomenal by the way)

What should I do?
3 REPLIES 3
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Is it possible?????

Are those your FICO 8 scores or your mortgage scores?

Medical collections aren't a biggie, but they do bring down your score so removing it will improve it.  When the tax lien was paid off, did they file a satisfaction with the county?  That is what is needed to get it to say "satisfied" on the credit report.  I am helping someone now who had an old judgment in a BK but the collection agency never filed a release with the county, so we got them to file it and should be recorded any day now.

The items you mentioned shouldn't prevent you from getting approved for a mortgage though, so if your wife doesn't make enough on her own to qualify then I wouldn't worry about your credit hindering your chances if you decide to apply jointly.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Those are my fico8 but my mortgage ones aren't too far off. Maybe a 5 point lower difference
Message 3 of 4
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Then your scores are pretty good - it's the middle (median) score that qualifies, the lowest & highest are thrown out, so you'd have a qualifying score in the low 700's.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.