Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it too late to switch LOs?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it too late to switch LOs?

I am locked in currently at 5% VA...(for the record I am not complaining about that at all)

I am just curious if I can still switch lenders even though I am locked in - If another lender can give me a better deal.

BTW...I was locked in without my approval and I have never signed anything - I called my LO one day to ask how the rates were looking and he told me then that he locked me in that morning...is this normal?

Quick vent...short sales suck - waiting for 31 days so far since my offer has been in!!

-if all goes well, it will be worth it in the long run though.

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is it too late to switch LOs?

@Anonymous wrote:

I am locked in currently at 5% VA...(for the record I am not complaining about that at all)

I am just curious if I can still switch lenders even though I am locked in - If another lender can give me a better deal.

BTW...I was locked in without my approval and I have never signed anything - I called my LO one day to ask how the rates were looking and he told me then that he locked me in that morning...is this normal?

Quick vent...short sales suck - waiting for 31 days so far since my offer has been in!!

-if all goes well, it will be worth it in the long run though.

Thanks

Check the forms you signed when you officially applied for the loan.  There should have been one which either stated that your rate was locked when you signed/officially applied or you should of had a form stating that your rate is floating and that it wont lock until you request/sign a form telling the lo to do so

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is it too late to switch LOs?

Why do you want to switch?  That is the important question.  Has the lender done anything wrong?  If it is just the interest rate, 5% fixed is a fine rate so that is not worht going through the hassle again I would think.  If he locked you in awhile ago at 5.5 or higher I could understand for sure.  Has anything else happened?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.