Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my front end DTI too high?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is my front end DTI too high?

Looking to buy our first home. My front end DTI is 41% for the home we're looking at. My back end is the same as I have no cc debt, no student loan debt or any debt at all. Would I possibly get approved for an FHA loan? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Is my front end DTI too high?

@Anonymous wrote:

Looking to buy our first home. My front end DTI is 41% for the home we're looking at. My back end is the same as I have no cc debt, no student loan debt or any debt at all. Would I possibly get approved for an FHA loan? 

Depends on the lender and your credit score and if you get a DU approval or manual approval. Some lenders will go to 46.99% IIRC on the front end.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@StartingOver10 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Depends on the lender and your credit score and if you get a DU approval or manual approval. Some lenders will go to 46.99% IIRC on the front end.

45.99%, but close enough Smiley Happy.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@StartingOver10 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Credit score is in the 620 range. We applied at Wells Fargo and are currently submitting all the paperwork.

Message 4 of 6
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Wells Fargo may be much more conservative....translate that to mean their overlays could very well be much less than even your 41% on the front end. If I were you I would be on the lookout for other lenders....JMO

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@StartingOver10 wrote:

Wells Fargo may be much more conservative....translate that to mean their overlays could very well be much less than even your 41% on the front end. If I were you I would be on the lookout for other lenders....JMO

That's what I've read about Wells Fargo. Thanks for the reply. My husband does odd-jobs but the income isn't documented so it looks like we can barely afford the mortgage when we really can. It's too bad, but I'll keep looking. Hopefully Wells Fargo will approve but if not, I'll need to have more lenders lined up.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.