Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a chance I can refi?

tag
WiltTheStilt1

Is there a chance I can refi?

Hey there,

Bought current house in August 2014 100% conventional financing @ 5.5% for 30 years, loan amount was $91575.00

18 months in my loan balance is $89698.00. P+I is 519.00, when combined with tax+ins, my mortgage payment is only $700.23 (no pmi)

At the time of sale, the house appraised for $100,000, we've made some small improvements and the market has improved a little so would expect the house to be worth 103k to 104k at this point.

I can't help but feel jelous about the 2.8x for 15 years and the 3.7x for 30 year rates that are getting thrown about and I'm wondering if there is any chance I could refi to get the lower rate. Roughly speaking 15 year at 2.8x would increase my monthly payment by $100 and 30 year at lower rate would decrease my payment by $100

My equifax credit score is 721, no baddies just low AAoA due to my age and credit util is a little higher than I would like but will be remedied in the next month or two.

Is there any chance I could get qualified for a refinance? I have a couple thousand for closings costs but would I need to put a couple thousand down to get my LTV below 80%?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Is there a chance I can refi?

you look ok. 

i would surely do the 15yr if i could.

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.