cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a good idea? Paying cash for a house? Please advise!!

tag
xdfanatic
Established Member

Re: Is this a good idea? Paying cash for a house? Please advise!!

Hi Bella, I read your post and was thinking...  IMO the best idea would be to hold out on renting the apartment or house for as long as possible.  I would save as much as possible for the move and all of the expenses involved while paying your student loans down as much as possible.  I would say if you could wait a year on the lease, then lease a place for a year with your reserves.  While your lease runs apply all of your extra money to the loans, by this time you should be in a good place with those loans, have your two years time of employment and still have your 75K for the downpayment, which will be well seasoned at worst.  I guess really you only have 9 months left with the folks if you did it that way and in that time probably have your rent payments saved for the year. 

I think there are many people here that would love to be in your situation, having the income and the ability to save is something to be said.  You're in a tough spot though, with the folks down your back at home, so I understand and really though you're the only one who knows what is best for you.  Good luck to you and I hope that everything works out the way you want it to.

Xd

Message 21 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.