Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a good rate?

tag
rngrwalker
Valued Member

Is this a good rate?

I got a message from my mortgage broker saying that we just locked my rate at 3.75% for a FHA loan 30 yr fixed in Pittsburgh, PA. My middle score FICO is 674. What do you think?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: Is this a good rate?

Yes.

Message 2 of 8
rngrwalker
Valued Member

Really?  I thought 3.25 to 3.5 was the going rate right now. My loan already went to underwritting and we're trying to close before the end of the month, so I guess I really don't have time to shop around for a better rate do I?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

3.75 is good for a middle score of 674

Message 4 of 8
rngrwalker
Valued Member

Thank you!

Message 5 of 8
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

remember: a rate isnt a rate.  you cannot compare just rates without comparing rate + fees

rate + fees = total price.

i have 2.75% on my rate sheet. want it? it costs you 3 points in extra fees.

take 4% and get negative points(i pay you extra points)

bottom line: you cant just look at the rate. you have to consider the amount of fees are associated with that rate.

Retired Lender
Message 6 of 8
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Are the fees told to me upfront? And how? Are they disguised as things I might not know? Have not a home in my life so excuse my illiteracy !
Message 7 of 8
vinblastine
Valued Member

The rate and apr can be different. I try and get loans where the apr and the rate are the same. If the apr is higher they are rolling in sneaky fees. A 2.5% rate is useless if the apr is 5%. Your rate is really 5%.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.