Valued Member

Re: Is this a realistic option?

Thank you for the response!  Unfortunately I do have a 60 day late on my credit report, I was advised at that time to be late in order for the bank to approve the short sale.  I was able to pay the mortgage at that time but I knew once winter hit I would not be able to pay the mortgage and heat the home (New Egland winters) so that is why I went through the short sale- to prevent an impending forclosure.

I know my folks only made the offer to buy the home but for me to buy it back from them by the end of the year, that's why we were going to the assumable route.  They have no desire to just add me to the title, this is really just supposed to be a short term solution.  Homes in my area are moving quickly and my lease expires in September and I wouldn't qualify for a mortgage until the November/December time frame.  The bank we have an appointment with this coming week is a local bank whom my parents have done a lot of business with for almost 30 years.  I am hoping because of this long term relationship they will have some options for us.

Regular Contributor

Re: Is this a realistic option?

Your parents may want to consult with a tax advisor, as there could very well be gift tax consequences for them, depending upon how this transaction is structured.

Starting Score: 732 (EQ)
Current Score: EQ 08 - 837! Whoo!! (5/14/14);EQ 04 - 795! (5/15/14) 748 (TU - 5/21/12); 760 (EX - 4/16/12 AMEX pull)
Original Goal Score: 760+ EQ --> decimated!
New Goal Score: Just keep swimming...

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.