Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a sign of a bad agent?

tag
dpechal
Regular Contributor

Is this a sign of a bad agent?

I got an email telling me the following:

The difference between pre-qualified and pre-approved is, the pre-qualified means there is nothing left undone and the loan will go to closing....the pre-approved on the other hand, means you are approved subject to certain things being in place by closing.....it is very rare, if ever, to see a pre-qualified buyer...

I can't find anything supporting this online, everything says exactly the opposite. Is there something I'm missing here?

Dpechal
***$25,500******$20,000******$20,000******$20,000******$15,000********NPSL****

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
mynameainttracy
Established Contributor

Re: Is this a sign of a bad agent?

We all make mistakes, maybe things got twisted between their brain and their typing fingers. If it were me, I would question them about it and give them a chance to correct themselves.

Message 2 of 6
Peter1142
Established Contributor

Yeah except the whole thing doesn't really make sense. Even a firm mortgage commitment letter has conditions to be met prior to closing. Today's "pre-approval" is really just a pre-qualify. No underwriter has looked at your case. They are really worth a grain of salt. I got one based on my word of what my credit score was.

Message 3 of 6
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

semantics....  maybe that realtor has been told this by a lender who uses 'prequal' differently than the rest of the world.

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 6
dpechal
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the help all! Dallasloanguy, do you offer VA loans? I ask cause I'm buying a home in lubbock Texas.
***$25,500******$20,000******$20,000******$20,000******$15,000********NPSL****

Message 5 of 6
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

yes, i do va loans

Retired Lender
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.