Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this realistically acheivable?

tag
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: Is this realistically acheivable?

@frugalQ wrote:
Deliberateguy and ezdriver, the OP says they do have the funds to pay off the judgements.

OP, I suggest you discuss with a lender your specific situation. They can give you a meaningful recommendation. It's very hard for us to provide value-added recommendations as you haven't provided enough info. We don't know your tax situation, your DTI, the items that are dragging down scores, whether you are w2 or self employed. All of these things can impact not only the ability but the timing of getting approved.

Paying off a judgement will not impact your score. The judgement will just update as satisfied. However, you will have to pay it off before you get approved...no way around it.

Good luck!!

The question that I responded to was about going from here to there in 2 months or thereabouts.

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

DeliberateGuy-

We are already working on getting preapproved.

We live in a rural area, so our home selections aren't many to begin with, especially for a family of our size. We already have it narrowed down to 2 or 3, and just need to go look at them. Most of the homes we are looking at have been on the market for quite some time.

We do have the cash to pay off any collections or the judgement, when needed.

I've done tons of research regarding possible situations that could come up, and I have easy access to any possible documentation or papers needed. Pretty much anything I can think of can be submitted within hours of being asked for it.

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I missed the reply where you mentioned having the money for judgments.

I think that will help with getting through the process,and not having competition in your area would also help (it is fierce in mine!)

I'm not saying dont try, but definitely be working on a backup option (finding a place to rent, family/friends to stay with temporarily - perhaps the kids could take an extended vacation with relatives) in parallel so if you need a few weeks or another month, you don't have that stressor and time sink as you're working through finalizing a contract.

@Anonymous wrote:

DeliberateGuy-

We are already working on getting preapproved.

We live in a rural area, so our home selections aren't many to begin with, especially for a family of our size. We already have it narrowed down to 2 or 3, and just need to go look at them. Most of the homes we are looking at have been on the market for quite some time.

We do have the cash to pay off any collections or the judgement, when needed.

I've done tons of research regarding possible situations that could come up, and I have easy access to any possible documentation or papers needed. Pretty much anything I can think of can be submitted within hours of being asked for it.

Message 13 of 16
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

OP, you should also consider the possibility that the house will need repairs before FHA will approve.

Just something else to think about.
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 14 of 16
compassion101
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

We've been renting the house we live in for the last 4 years. Our landlord told us that he doesn't want to deal with renting anymore, and gave us until August 1st to live here, rent free.

So did he sell the house? Or is he moving back into the house on August 1?

Certainly he isn't kicking you out for it to sit vacant and him pay the taxes and upkeep.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

The house was built by their family in 1891 and they own the surrounding farm land. They have family that wants to move in here.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.