Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's a Done Deal!

tag
SilverBerries
Contributor

It's a Done Deal!

Yep, it finally came to pass - we closed on Monday. I am a homeowner!!!!! I feel so blessed because I have to say that the entire process was painless and could not have gone smoother. Never a single glitch. No conditions, no exceptions, not even any questions. My seller paid $6000 in closing and on closing I actually owed $1000 less than quoted. Not a bad surprise! Both my realtor and lending officer were absolutely wonderful. I was truly blessed with both of them. I have heard so many horror stories here that I didn't know what to expect, but the Lord shone down upon me in this and I have to say that my strongest impression of the whole experience was - that was fun, can we do it again?

The only fly in the oinment was when I tried to mail in my 2008 tax addendum. I was going to send it in on Monday after we closed, and my ink cartridge dried up. Okay, so I was going to mail it the next day - had appointments and things to take care of all day long, so planned on stopping by the post office before closing. Got there at 4:50 - and for some strange reason they close at 4:45 instead of 5:00. So I actually didn't get it mailed until today.

I have to say that I owe part of the "smoothness" of the transaction to the myfico board. One example, the house that I bought had been through a previous offer that fell through at the last minute. Because someone here had posted about getting to closing and having an earlier FHA case number assigned to the house, I knew to give that information to my loan officer; subsequently, we bypassed that problem at closing. There are other examples of information that I gleaned from this site that truly helped me. For that, I thank you one and all.

I have been a busy beaver the last couple of days. Electricity was turned on yesterday, water will be turned on tomorrow, cable/internet/phone has all been scheduled, ordered the new frig, and have placed an order for the few pieces of new furniture that I need. Have appointments scheduled with a contractor, exterminator, and a couple of others that I can't think of right now. (The contractor is adding a new handrail to the bonus room and building an outbuilding for my pups.)

I'm absolutely exhausted, but I'm having the time of my life. I hope and pray that each of you looking for your own home will find your joy fulfilled quickly and with as little trouble as I had.

SilverBerries

Smiley Tongue

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Trishco
Frequent Contributor

Re: It's a Done Deal!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Posts like these help so many others to keep trudging along.  Thanks for sharing!

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOW sounds like you been having fun this last few days!!!!! CONGRATS!!! MY TURN COMING SOON!!
Message 3 of 11
ssnova
Valued Member

Yes, big congrats! Do you mind sharing how long the process took for you?
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Major congrats is in order for you....God is good!

I'm scheduled to close on Monday June 8 and earlier this week I was stressing a little when my LO called me to get info on a few small aged collections on my CR. I'm changing jobs, moving to an entirely different state 7 hours away, and someone is moving into my current place on the same day I'm scheduled to close on my house. LO talked to me at length a couple days ago to put my mind at ease. This is my first home purchase and by far the largest leap of faith I've ever taken.

Thanks again for sharing your story, it's very inspirational not only to me, but to many others as well I'm sure. I'm sure there are many like myself who find ourselves getting too consumed with reading the unfortunate horror stories of the mortgage process to read stories such as yours.

God Bless and enjoy that home!

Message 5 of 11
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Congrats
Retired Lender
Message 6 of 11
musikklvr
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!!

Starting Score: 668
Current Score: 712
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your post is both inspirational and encouraging. Thank you for sharing your triumph, those of us on the path to homeownership thank you!!!
Message 8 of 11
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Congrats to you Hon!!  May you feel in 2 years the way I do now.  I walked into MY house on May 31, 07.  2 years later, I still LOVE my home.  As I'm coming up the street after work & see that lovely porch sticking out under MY shade tree...I just feel so blessed (just like you said). 

Enjoy your place!!!  You've earned years of happiness there!  Smiley Very Happy

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the house!!!!!  I am very close to closing, July 31st.  Did you qualify for the tax  credit and amend your 2008 return?  I am trying to do that and wanted to see if it was hard to do and if you used an CPA to help.  Again congrats.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.