cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not a true closing without a last-minute issue!

tag
getmycreditright
Regular Contributor

It's not a true closing without a last-minute issue!

UW pulled my credit this morning and saw that one of my student loans showed that it was PIF (it was actually sold to another servicer). UW thought we paid if off, but I explained that it was sold to another servicer, so they asked for proof. It took a while, but I got ACS to e-mail the letters indicating who they sold the loans to. So I sent my LO these documents, thinking that I was good, but then she says that they cannot proceed until the credit bureaus update the accounts (tradelines). LO says sent a request to the bureaus this morning and put a "rush on it." Here we are less than 48 hrs away from closing, and it's all out of my hands. Not how I imagined my day would go. Smiley Sad

My consumer report (Credit Check Total) has everything reported correctly. Why can't their fancy-*** Credco reports do the same? Arghhhhh!!

Nevertheless, if it's His will, it'll happen for us.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting Score - 575 (4/10)
Current Score - EQ - 750, TU - 752, EX - 728 11/4/12

Current Cards:
AMEX SPG ($7.5k), Amazon.com Visa ($3k), Discover More ($2k) all since 11/4/12

Fighting the good fight!
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Hopefull123
Valued Member

Re: It's not a true closing without a last-minute issue!

Oh my gosh.

I'm in the middle of the mortgage process and supposed to close sometime in June. 

Last week I received an e-mail notifying me that my student loan will be moving to a new servicer on June 7. It said my loan will still be owned by Edsouth, it just won't be serviced by Edfinancial. Now I'm worried.

Message 2 of 12
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Ok that is a joke

Message 3 of 12
Hopefull123
Valued Member

If you don't mind me asking, when was your loan switched to the new servicer?

Message 4 of 12
getmycreditright
Regular Contributor

It was transferred on 2/27/13. I have made two payments to the new servicers since then.

Hopeful, I don't think you'll have an issue. I think it's an anomaly, but I hate that it had to be me. LOL.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Cards:

Fighting the good fight!
Message 5 of 12
Kathy4NU
Frequent Contributor

I can totally seeing this happen to me.

I close in 10 days and my student loans just updated.  They have always included only the original loan amount when reported to the CB.  They had been in forebarance.  I just went on the ICB program.  They updated over the weekend but now include the interest that has accumilated.  I told my LO during the application process that they would be in repayment before we closed and what the amount would be so that is figured into my DTI, however, now my balance is being reported at $30,000 higher than when I applied but I told him my payment would be $250 and it is actually $205.  Not sure if they will be upset about the increased balance or not.  The payment is actually lower than what I told them it would be.  

June '12: EQ 553 TU 0 EX 545
April '13 Lender Pull EQ 731, EX 692, TU 722 - all FICO

Closed on home May 22, 2013 at 2:00pm!!!
CU Visa $1000, VS $350, Chase Freedom $1000, Discover IT $2500, Home Depot: $2700, Menards $3000, NFM $3500
What's been deleted: 32 collections, 5 PR, 2 tax liens, defaulted student loans
Message 6 of 12
Jutz
Valued Contributor

Ugh.  Good luck to you, I'm not even sure why it matters in the first place, but hopefully it gets pushed through.  Crossing my fingers I make it to close (6/24) without many issues of my own.

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 7 of 12
getmycreditright
Regular Contributor

Just heard back from my LO and this will delay our closing. They are trying to re-schedule for Friday. This really sucks because now we have to re-schedule the move, appliance deliveries etc. i took Wednesday through Friday off to close, move and get settled in, but it looks like I'll be twiddling my thumbs on Wed & Thurs. On top of that, we have to vacate our current apartment on the 19th (this Sunday), so we'll have to move quickly and get the apartment cleaned up in two days. I thought my temper would be out of control if something like this would happen, but I am surprisingly calm right now. I prayed for peace this week regardless of circumstances. I am a little bummed, but what can you do?

Current Cards:

Fighting the good fight!
Message 8 of 12
foofighter74
Established Contributor

Sorry your closing is delayed and you have to adjust all your plans. I can see that happening to me as well.  I've got the week off that our final walkthrough and closing (as well as the move) are scheduled.  We have a few people lined up to help us move, and my brother and sister in law will be in from Florida that week, so we have extra help...but if we don't close on time, everything gets pushed back.

Anyway, in the end...all that really matters is that you close on the loan eventually and the process ends on a positive note!

Message 9 of 12
AppleJacks
Established Member

getmycreditright: I love your positive attitude.  I can't imagine how frustrating this whole thing must be.  I've found, thus far, that there are bumps in the road everyday with buying a home.  Then there are sink holes and sheer cliffs!  I'm just hoping I stay out of the sink holes as much as possible and don't hit any cliffs.  I'm praying things line up quickly for you.  The hardest things to handle are the ones that our out of our control.  Smiley Happy  I look forward to reading all about your closing and life in your new home very, very soon.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.